Monday, July 2, 2012

Average day salad

I eat 1-2 salads a day, and they are always the same: lots of mixed greens, cucumber, bell pepper, sunflower sprouts, sunflower or pumpkin seeds, red onion, shredded carrot, hemp hearts, and a boat-load of lemony-tangy homemade dressing.




My favourite part is the bottom of the bowl, when the carrots are soaked in the salty dressing, I make loud slurpy noises and just enjoy it :)

Today I also made a super easy lemony-tangy sauce for noodles since Im all about lemon and tang today. The sauce is raw, the noodles are not :)



Easy Raw Lemon Sauce:

2/3 cup squeezed lemon juice
8 tbsp olive oil
4 garlic cloves
2 tsp agave
2 tsp dijon, grainy kind
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp nutritional yeast

Use blender on it and enjoy over noodles!



That's how the dressing looks. When Husband asked what was in the shooter left on the table I almost said "Limencello" to see what would happen. But I'm not that mean :)


1 comment:

  1. Your salads look so yummy and you crack me up with the Limencello ,i could just picture it !! you are funny wife !!!! :)

    ReplyDelete