Thursday, May 10, 2012

Snack for a tired juijitsu goer'


The Husband has a hard job, and there is not a day that he doesn't come home exhausted and sore.

Since I'm home for most of the day I try to have something healthy and nutritious ready for him when he comes home to prepare him for his 2 hours of martial arts training and help him recover from the heavy lifting at work.

Today I made a zucchini hummus and served it with sliced bell pepper. I had anticipated to have raw flax crackers ready, but they're still dehydrating :)


Zucchini Hummus ( from Going Raw by Judita)

1 cup peeled and chopped zucchini ( usually about 1 zucchini)
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
2 tbsp olive oil
3 cloves of garlic
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp paprika
pinch cayenne
1/2 cup tahini
2 tsp dried or fresh parsley, I used dried

Blend all ingredients and serve with pine nuts or any other garnish!

And a super cute picture of Gigi






No comments:

Post a Comment