Thursday, May 31, 2012

Overnight oats make a reappearance

I had completely forgotten about overnight oats! Once I remembered them I was extremely excited to eat them in the morning. They are raw, depending on the oat you get, and vegan!


Overnight Oats:

1.5 cups raw oats
2 cups almond milk or other milk (I used homemade vanilla almond milk)
2 tbsp chia seeds
2 tsp agave

Mix all ingredients and put in the fridge overnight. You will wake up to delicious and raw oatmeal. Put your extras in the oatmeal in the morning. I added some maple syrup, walnuts, banana, and strawberry.


Sorry for the bad pictures, they looked better through the tiny screen on my camera ;)


There are some days where you just don't want to exercise, and some where you probably don't even want to get out of bed. Today I just had zero motivation to run outdoors. I even tried to rearrange my whole week schedule so that today could be my rest day. Instead I made a compromise and ran on the treadmill. It was a lot easier on my tender shins and gave me some time to catchup on daytime television :) . The time went by surprisingly fast since I wasn't watching the clock on the treadmill, but the distance instead. I ran 4.5 miles in 42 minutes then did a leg workout.

Squats, 4 sets of 10 at 105 lbs
Lunges, 3 sets of 20 with a 35 lb plate overhead
Step ups, 3 sets of 20 with two 25 lb dumbells

Now I am currently icing my legs, will do a quick stretch, make a smoothie, cater to my amazing husband, then head off to work. Wash, rinse and repeat :)

Hope everyone is having a great day and looking forward to what will be a spectacular weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment