Friday, May 11, 2012

The Best Dessert .....ever

I'm ALWAYS a pastry kind of dessert person. But when Husband asked for this mousse and I actually tried it, boy was I glad I did. I caught myself scooping chocolate mousse out of the blender with my hands and eating it.

It's a chocolate orange cream with an avocado base, and a vanilla coconut cream with a cashew base. So amazing. It only took about 10 minutes to prepare, so I highly recommend trying it.

Orange Chocolate Mousse Parfait (from Going Raw):

Chocolate orange part:
2 large avocados
2/3 cup cacao powder
3/4 cup agave nectar
1.5 tsp grated orange zest

Blend all ingredients and refrigerate for two hours.

Vanilla cream part:
1.5 cups cashews, soaked for 2 hours
1/3 cup liquid coconut oil
1/3 cup water
1/3 cup agave nectar
1 tsp vanilla extract

Blend all ingredients and refrigerate for two hours.

Once it has chilled and reached a desired consistency, layer in a beautiful glass and enjoy!



I still can't figure out how to reply to comments, so for beegie_b who asked where I get vanilla bean: I buy it at a local health food store, its about 3 dollars for two beans. Im sure that buying it online in bulk would be much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment