Friday, May 4, 2012

Almond mylk

Making your own almond milk is totally worth the effort. The product you get tastes amazing! You have to put a lot of work into it, so I'm sure that makes it taste even better :) liquid gold!

Start with water, almonds, dates, and vanilla

End with delicious almond milk!

Gorgeous finished product! Strained through cheesecloth!
After reading other blogs I realized that I could have made my life sooo much easier by buying an almond milk making bag. Using that cheesecloth was comparable to running on a treadmill, or just running in general--> effing brutal. There are still some chunks in the milk, because like running, I wasn't very good at using the cheesecloth.

It's about 1/2 cup of almonds to 5 cups of water. There are plenty of variations and recipes online to get some variety too. Mine was sweetened naturally with smooth-as-butter dates and a whole vanilla bean.

The weather in Toronto is amazing! We've been cursed with retardedly cold weather lately so it's a nice change of pace. Definitely helps my slump!


These guys and I enjoyed the warm weather and went for a nice long walk. Lola stopped every ten seconds to be a little B, but her cuteness helped me look past that. That same line of thought applies to having such a hot husband ;)

Breakfast was a smoothie: 1 handful spinach, 1 cup of water, large chunk of ginger, 5 organic strawberries, and juice of 1/2 lemon. Delish!

For lunch I'll be having a salad that I prepared last night, I'll post pics later. Off to the gym and coffee with a friend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment