Friday, August 5, 2011

Optional Day




 Hey guys! So today was a nice sort of active rest day. We did a core circuit workout, 50 seconds on, 10 seconds off for about 15 minutes. Some of the workouts included toes to bar, side plank holds on bosu, L-sits, and weighted back extensions. Afterwards, was 10 rounds of double under tabatas. My double unders have gotten worse over time, it's really weird. I went from being really shit at them, to being pretty good, to even shittier. It makes no sense and it's incredibly frustrating. Afterwards, were some weighted vest suicide runs where I proceeded to fall down and roll my ankle. Apart from the last bit it was alot of fun. I also worked on my chin-ups, as the pictures above showed. My legs are a bit tight, so I hope they loosen up for Sundays 1 RM lifts of jerks and snatches. Big numbers, big numbers!

On the food front, today was very uneventful:

Breakfast Pre-workout (5:30 am) : 1/2 chicken breast sauteed in coconut oil with some seasoning + 1/2 cucumber, 1/4 avocado,     1tbsp walnuts
Workout (6:30): 2 cups green tea, 1 scoop BCAAs, 1 scoop Vega Sport
Post Workout (8:30 am): 1 scoop whey with water + 3 eggs with green onions, mushrooms, smoked salmon + 1/2 red pepper.
Snackage: BBQ chicken- 1/4 chicken, ground turkey, 1 orange, 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds, 2 stalks celery
Lunch (2:00 ish): 1/2 lb ground beef mixed with zucchini, red pepper, onion, and garlic.
Dinner (9:00): Greens with bacon, turkey, chicken, eggs, and avocado.

I felt so tempted today by dessert. It is sooooo hard to be surrounded by delicious desserts and not eat them. I kept trying to think of reasons to rationalize eating them, like "to celebrate my new job, to celebrate my heavy lifts, new PR's!, it didnt rain today, and blah blah, the list is endless". But instead, I thought about how great I would feel tomorrow if I didnt eat it. So I just ate some bacon, I feel better already!

I am very tired today so I need a good nights rest before a long day at work tomorrow! Talk to you guys soon, hopefully with some new personal snatch records!

1 comment:

  1. Hello hello ! if it was optional day for me i wouldn't go to work !! he he he, Love the pictures keep it coming !!! Have a great night Little Monster !!

    ReplyDelete