Thursday, August 4, 2011


 LITTLE HEALTH MONSTER IS BACK!




Hey guys! I'm back and better than ever! So many great changes have happened in my life, and I couldn't be happier. Im so excited to share them with you.

Me on a bike trip I went on with my beau Rocky, yes, that's his real name
He's super human. He has to be, with a name like Rocky.


1) I am a certified personal trainer working out of Goodlife Fitness!

2) I will be certified in Crossfit and Darby Training Systems! So exciting!

3) I did my first Crossfit competition, and didn't do too bad! (9th place)

4) I've gotten hurricane strong, when I think back to my past training, I have no idea what I was doing.

5) I've moved out on my own and met some really great people! My crossfit training team is like my new family. I love them all! We're currently training for the Element Open Team Competition, should be fun!

6) I've gone strict paleolithic, and it has helped with my stomach issues and I've never felt this good!

That's alot to take in, it feels like my life has done a full 360. Even though I went through a really rough patch earlier this year, I wouldn't trade it for the world, because without it, I wouldn't have gotten to this happy spot.

So, Ill get right into the good stuff: TRAINING! Right now our crossfit team is in our first of three phases of training, and in terms of strength, the results are through the roof for me. I've added about 10-15 lbs on all of my previous 1 RM's for deadlift, back squat, clean, jerk, and snatch. The only thing really holding me back is my bench press, it just isn't changing. But that's for another post. So far, our workouts start with a strength component, which have progressed from 5 x 5 to 5x 3, to 5x 1's. It's usually bench press and cleans, snatches and jerks, deads and squats. After the strength work we have one or two WODs (workouts of the day--> a stupid crossfit term), which vary all the time.

As my strength has gone up, conversely, my metabolic and speed work has gone down. Not quite the results I was aiming for, but I'm just going to have to step it up on the WODs.

Todays workout was: 5 sets of 1 RM for deadlifts and back squat. I ended at 215 for deadlifts, and 170 for backsquats. I felt like I could have gone higher, but by that point I was just exhausted. You really stress your neurological system when you lift at your max like that. Next up was the WOD. Twelve minute AMRAP (as many rounds as possible--> yes, another stupid crossfit term), of 20 wallballs (12 lbs), 15 overhead squats (65 lbs), and a heavy prowler (100 lbs). I have turf toe, so the prowler was really killing me, but it was a great workout.

Ill keep the site updated with my daily training and improvements from now on, hopefully you'll see me cleaning 150 lbs by September. :)

The diet has really complemented the training. I feel like I wouldn't have been able to get these results had it not been for being paleo. I know, its a huge shift, FROM VEGAN TO PALEO (now thats a true 360), but I wouldn't go back. Yes, I have to rationalize in order to eat the meat, and yes, I really am going against my morals, but it's something I can stand doing.

As an example, so far today this is what I've eaten:
 Pre-workout (5 am): 4 eggs fried in coconut oil + 1/2 avocado + 1/2 cucumber
                                  1 scoop vega sport, and fish oil
Workout:                   1 scoop BCAA's mixed with green tea and lots of water
 Post- workout (9 am) : 8-10 oz pork chop in coconut oil with cayenne + 3/4 cup broccoli and cauliflower
                                     10 almonds, 1 scoop whey mixed with BCAA's



I have to stretch it out before my back seizes, and I have to bring the bears out. Talk to you guys soon :)

So glad to be back!

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy to see you are back so strong,your logo is the cutest monster ,can't wait to see more of the little health monster , you are my idol !!!

    ReplyDelete