Thursday, February 3, 2011

Pre or post workout pancakes!

I found this recipe in Oxygen magazine and then switched it up a little bit. It turned out super delicious and was easy to digest before my workout!

Protein Pancakes:

This makes the perfect portion for one hungry and growing person (about 3 small pancakes). I can always eat an infinite amount of pancakes, but it made me full enough.


Ingredients:
  •  2 egg whites
  • 1/2 cup oats ( I used a mix of spelt flakes and steel cut oats)
  • 1 tbsp ground flax or chia powder (I used sprouted)
  • 1 scoop protein powder (I used peanut butter chocolate chip flavoured!)
  • 1/3 cup low fat cottage cheese
  • 1/4 cup almond milk
  • Blueberries and 1 tsp agave for toppings!
Directions:

Put all ingredients into a blender and blend until a smooth batter is formed. Heat a pan with or without oil, depending on your non-stick situation. Pour a third of the batter into pan. When it starts to bubble, gently flip and cook other side. Repeat with remaining batter.

DELICIOUS
Nutritional info:
Per serving (3 pancakes)
  • Calories: 380
  • Total fat: 6 g
  • Saturated Fat: 0.5 g
  • Carbohydrates: 35 g
  • Dietary Fibre: 6 g
  • Sugars: 4 g
  • Protein: 42 g




Later tonight I will have some news for you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment