Monday, January 3, 2011

Sprained toe

Sorry that I haven't posted in a few days! It has been a bit hectic around here.

1) I sprained my big toe because of my high heels on New Years (and no, I was not drinking)
2) My gym was on fire, so it really screwed up my scheduale
3) I have been working like crazy

Yesterday, I got off work around 5, sat around for a few hours, took a nap and then began to cook dinner.

I boiled off some corn on the cob, some brussel sprouts with a bit of vegan butter and grainy dijon, and THE BEST VEGAN RISOTTO EVER.

The risotto is from OhSheGlows . Please click on that link for the full recipe. Although, I did do a few modifications. Instead of barley, I used sweet brown rice; instead of nutritional yeast, I used 1/2 engevita yeast and 1/2 nutritional yeast.


You really have to go and make this right now! Its delicious, creamy and cheesy! I made it twice already, and the second time, I doubled the batch :)

Since my gym was closed this morning, and hopefully only for one day, I realized how attached I am to routine. If I don't have my routine and my comforts, then I feel out of whack the whole day. There is another location of my gym located close by, so I decided to go there after work (when I usually work out early mornings). I felt so out of it while I was there because there were SO MANY PEOPLE. The thing I love about going to the gym at 6 in the morning is that no one is there! I could break out into song and dance and no one would be there to see me. The next thing that made me hate this other gym was the set-up, there were 3 floors and everything was separated. I hated it! I just wanted my old gym back. So here is to hoping that it's open tomorrow, or I'm going to have to get used to this new gym.

Now, about my toe. I have no idea what happened with it. All night I was cursing myself for wearing my stupid heels, and my toes were screaming in agony. I acutally had to walk 3 km in them to get home. I went to bed and then I could hardly walk in the morning. There weren't any actual moments where I fell in my heels or would have been able to injure myself and, there is no bruising, just a throbbing pain. I don't know how it happened. Once I get moving it doesn't hurt so much, it kicks in when I'm not using it. I don't think it's helped that I've run 10 km on it so far?

Does anyone know if this sounds like a sprain?

Well, I have lots to do around the house, it never ends!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment