Thursday, January 13, 2011

Employee of the month

Hey guys, hope everyone is having a great Thursday. These past few days have been spent trying to not get sick. Ryan has a horrible cold, has been sick since Monday, and is still getting worse. He never calls in sick to work, but he finally had to this time, because he wouldn't get better if he kept on working so hard at work. His chefs totally understood and were glad to give him the time off since they knew he was dependable and wasn't lying about being sick. One of the perks of being an honest employee.

I've been making sure to drink gallons upon gallons of water, eat lots of raw colourful food, drink my shakes, and wash my hands every nano second. My hands look as chapped as Ryans nose.

For breakfast today, since I was out of pretty much everything:

A BANANA SCRAMBLE!



Banana scrambles are very easy to make, nutrtitious, and filing. I topped mine with some crunchy almond butter, organic blueberries (that were HUGE), and some coconut. I've been going through almond butter like toilet paper lately, does anyone else find they go through about a jar a week? And it's not like the stuff is cheap either. I've been debating on starting to make my own, ohsheglows "dark chocolate almond butter" looks pretty good right now :)

Today's Banana Scramble:

Ingredients:
  • 1 tbsp almond milk
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp chia seeds
  • 1 tbsp shredded unsweetened coconut
  • 3 tbsp spelt flakes or oats
  • 1 ripe banana, mashed up
  • 1 tbsp spelt flour
  • Toppings of your choice
Directions:
Mix all of your ingredients together, and place on a hot frying pan. Since I used a non-stick pan and I went without the oil, but feel free to use it. This won't get solid inside like a pancake, but will still be a bit mushy. Handle with care! Cooking time is about 5 minutes.



Yesterday at the gym I did century sets for my shoulders, back and chest.  I am feeling it today in my shoulders, but not really in my back or chest. Next time, instead of doing only century sets, I am going to do 1 century set per body part and then follow with regular sets, to pre-exhaust my muscles. For example:

Biceps:

Barbell curl 20 lbs x 100 (Century set), 40 lbs (12,10,10)
Hammer curl (normal)
Dumbbell incline curl (normal)
Spider curl (normal)

I am going to try this out on all body parts this week and let you know how it goes. It's smoothie time around here so I will see you guys later!

Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. The banana scramble look delicious !! Hope Ryan feel better soon, Love you precious!!!

    ReplyDelete