Thursday, December 30, 2010

Yoga Meltdown Review

I really wanted to try Bob Harper's yoga DVD, but they didn't have it at the store, so I went with Jillian Michaels instead. I should have waited for Bob's. I found this DVD to be way too short, very easy, and had none of the positive yoga characteristics (savasana, breathing, etc). I understand that she meant for this to be more of a cardio/sculpt type of DVD, but it wasn't long enough for either. Going in and out of warrior 15 times and then holding it didn't make my legs burn the way the DVD said, even when I had done an intense leg workout earlier in the day. All of the movements were yoga movements, but they weren't static, you were moving in and out of them quickly. Kind of like yoga aerobics. There was a nod to stretching, but it wasn't as much as you would expect from a normal yoga glass.

I wore my Garmin, and in the 40 minutes of level 2 I burnt 106 calories, with my maximum HR reaching 128. I think that this DVD serves no purpose except for an extreme beginner. It is too easy to offer much in the cardio sense, and not "yoga-ish" enough for those who want to do yoga. Out of 10 I would give this a 2. I do like Jillian Michaels, but I don't like this DVD. Her Shred It DVD is much, much better.

When I get Bob Harper's yoga DVD I will let you know how it goes.

I'm off to make a curry peanut soup with shrimp. See you guys later!

No comments:

Post a Comment