Wednesday, December 15, 2010

X-mas tree



My foot has gotten quite a bit better, good enough for me to run with a limp :). Running with a limp is better than not running at all right? And I'm talking about treadmill running, call me a pansy, but there is no way I'll be running outside again until it's in the 60's again, or if the gym blows up. Even if the latter were to happen, I might just consider a sedentary lifestyle :)

I've also discovered a great tasting new smoothie mixture. You mix your regular old Vega sport powder with a bit of the Vega chocolate smoothie powder, a bit of orange juice, lots of spinach, ice, and a banana. It's  like a chocolate creamsicle. The colour is a pretty good deterrent not to try it, so I decided not to post it.

I did 40 minutes of HIIT on the treadmill today, my chest and triceps. I think chest flyes are my favourite excercise, and bench dips for my triceps. All in all it was a good day at the gym. I remembered to eat after my run this time ;)


So, if you're wondering what the picture above is, it's what I was planning to make everyone for Christmas. Apple chips! But no way is that going to happen. It took me 7 hours to make 10 apple chips, and I'm pretty sure my oven use is going to make my hydro bill sky high. Maybe I'll just buy apple chips, wrap them up nicely and say I made them?

For anyone interested in making them. You slice them thinly, no need to core them, coat them in lemon or lime juice ( to prevent browning), sprinkle with cinnamon, and bake at 150 for 7 hours with the the oven propped open (or until they crinkle). Let them cool and harden over night before you eat them- if you can!



Now, for the Christmas tree. Like I said before, I think I bought a really crooked one, but Ryan won't actually say that to my face because he's trying to be nice. We had a really great time putting it up though, the dogs kept trying to steal the decorations, and Gigi kept drinking water from the base of the tree.

Ry-man and the tree.

Excuse the mess, but look how retarded the top of the tree looks!

And, in Christmas card fashion:

Merry Christmas from Marianne and Gigi!!
I am off to do some Christmas shopping.

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas to you too!! you look so pretty and GiGi to!! your tree is special and cute !!!love Mom !!

    ReplyDelete