Friday, December 24, 2010

Walnut pesto and Christmas


Ryan and I both couldn't wait one more day to give each other presents. It was such a great time, and Ryan got me exactly what I asked for, a Lululemon Yoga Mat (the dogs peed on my other mat). This mat is ultra squishy, and my hands don't slide during downward dog.


Ryan with the bears, getting ready for some present opening!

Our weird but very sentimental Christmas tree.

Grandma got the bears this toy and Gigi loves it!




Ryan is really into molecular gastronomy, and the book I got him from an Australian restaurant that specializes it it went over really well with him, he couldn't put it down!

It's only 9:30 and I'm ready to call it a night. I went to the gym really early this morning and didn't get a chance to take a nap like I normally do. I did 30 minutes of moderate eliptical work, and a bicep/back workout. I got the back workout from oxygen magazine ( t-bar row, lat pulldown, reverse grip lat pulldown, narrow grip lat pulldown, low pulley row) and my back is pretty sore. I just can't find a way to really tire out my biceps.

Dinner was brown rice noodles with a walnut and basil pesto. It was delish!


Walnut Basil Pesto:

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup toasted walnuts
  • 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
  • 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 1/2 tsp sea salt
  • fresh pepper to taste
  • 1 large garlic clove
  • 1/4- 1/2 cup fresh basil
  • 1/4 cup noodle water
Directions:
Blend all ingredients in food processor. If you need it more liquidy add more noodle water. Serve onto noodles with some more toasted pine nuts and enjoy! :)




My Dad found some Sun Warrior for me! He went looking and calling around everywhere for it and got lucky! The company that I ordered it from a while ago sent me an email said they don't know when they'll get any in, which really made me angry. So thankfully my Dad is bringing up a few bags. I think I might O.D on it when it gets here.

Hope everyone is having a great Christmas and don't forget to keep eating healthy and exercising! It will be a great way to ring in the new year!

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas to you to Little health monster !!! Nice pictures , happy you got a yoga mat , Ryan look a little tired ,you look happy and smily !! Ho! Ho! Ho!

    ReplyDelete