Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Vegan toasted walnut cookies!

It's been a very busy few days. I've already had two Christmas's and it's not even Christmas yet! I'm trying not to let the typical holiday weight pack on me, so I've been keeping up with my workouts and clean eating. Though a little cheating is normal :)

I finally got an iPod! Score! I loaded it with some great music so I am super excited to run tomorrow. It's crazy how one new thing, or change can completely alter your perspective and motivation for excercise.

Anyways, here are the amazing cookies, they are adapted from ohsheglows.

Toasted Walnut Oatmeal Cookies:

Ingredients:
  • 1 + 3/4 cup toasted walnuts
  • 2 cups regular oats
  • 3/4 cup spelt flour
  • 1/2 cup sucanat
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 cup maple syrup
  • 1/4 cup delicious honey
  • 2 tbsp almond milk
  • 3 tbsp coconut oil
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2/3 cup raisins
Directions: Preheat oven to 350. Toast walnuts but make sure to watch them so that they don't burn. Put cooled walnuts into a food processor and grind finely. Add in your dry ingredients ( 1 cup oats, spelt flour, baking soda, cinnamon, sucanat) to the food processor and process for 20 seconds. Now add all the wet ingredients ( coconut oil, maple syrup, honey, almond milk, and vanilla) to the food processor and process again. Remove ingredients from food processor and put into bowl. Add in 1 cup of oats and the raisins. Mix in well and then form into little balls on baking sheet, and flatten with fork. Bake for 10 minutes at 350 and let cool for at least 20 minutes on a cooling rack.

Pre-bake

So delicious and chewy.
 
 My mom is currently visiting, we've had a great visit so far, and we've also gone out for some raw food. She seemed really scared about trying it but she really enjoyed it (or so she said). We went to Rawlicious, an amazing restaurant in Yorkville, and split the nacho platter and buckwheat pizza. She had a cup of hot cocoa, I had a kale/spinach juice, and we shared the brownie. The brownie was unbelievably delicious, it was topped with a coconut butter/agave mixture. To die for.








I currently have some sweet potato chili cooking in the crock-pot (got the crock-pot for Christmas) and I hope it works out. It doesn't seem to be cooking and it's been 4 hours?

I'll let you know how it turns out tomorrow and how my workout was.

Bye :)

1 comment:

  1. I had a wonderful hollyday with you !!! and i really enjoy the restaurant Rawlicious !!! i just had a cookie that we made together they are so good !!! love you !!! Mom xoxo

    ReplyDelete