Sunday, December 26, 2010

Protein Pancakes



I made these delicious protein pancakes after watching my Dad eat pancakes at Fresh (I couldn't get the craving to go away after I saw them). I got the recipe from The Fitnessista and they are very easy to make!

High Protein Pancakes:

Ingredients:
  • 1.5 scoops Sun Warrior Protein (or other vanilla protein)
  • 2 tbsp spelt flour
  • 1 egg white (or 1 chia egg)
  • 1/4 cup almond milk
  • 3/4 tsp baking powder
  • pinch sea salt
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 1/2 tsp cinammon
  • 1 hand-full fresh berries (I used blueberries)
Directions:

Mix it all up and put onto hot frying pan. I don't use oil in my frying pan because it's non-stick, so I save on some fat there (awesomness).

The protein powder adds a lot of sweetness, so you don't really need syrup or sweetener.

Ryan cooked a really fancy dinner last night for himself and my dad, which included pork tenderloin and rack of lamb. In lieu of the intense carnivorous night, I made a few dishes for myself ahead of time:

Ugly picture: spaghetti squash with homemade tomato sauce

Topped with nutritional yeast

My mixed veggie salad with a dill vinaigrette

I headed to the gym this morning and passed all of the people waiting in line at H & M, I don't know what kind of sales they were having, but lots of people wanted it. Ryan and I braved the mall crowd, and after five minutes Ryan had had enough and left. I still managed to find a pair of good jeans (been looking for forever) at Lucky for 50% off! Score! That hardly ever happens at their store. I am officially their size 2 now! So exciting! Though I think it may be mis-tagged or fit differently than their other jeans. We also went to go visit my Uncle Sam last night, who lives 500 feet away from me, and I brought him some home-made vegan ginger cookies that I previously made on the blog.



Although I already ate a pancake for dinner/lunch, Ryan and I will be making a breakfast inspired dinner tonight! Exciting! Vegan french toast maybe?

See you later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment