Thursday, December 16, 2010

Lots of snackage

One of todays snacks: blueberries, almonds, and store bought apple chips :)
My alarm went off this morning at 6 am, it was time to go to the gym. But in that split second I decided that today would be my rest day. I slept in until 9:30 and woke up feeling really weird. So I said, "screw the rest day", and I went to the gym anyways. I worked on my shoulders (plate raises with 25 lbs this time, woohoo), and did a one hour spin class. I used to do spin classes a few times a week, but haven't gone in months. It felt really great to go again and get pushed like that. I do my own spin classes once in a while but it's not the same. No matter how hard you try, you never push yourself as hard as when someone else is yelling at you.

Came home and had a smoothie and some scrambled eggs on hummus covered toast.


Going a little bit out of sequence, this morning for breakfast I made a banana scramble. I got the idea from The Edible Perspective.

Banana Scramble:

Ingredients:
  • 1 ripe egg, mashed well
  • 3 tbsp rolled oats
  • 1 tbsp chia or flax powder
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp vanilla
  • pinch salt
  • 1 tbsp almond milk
Directions:

Mix all ingredients together and form into a ball onto a heated frying pan. Cook until one side browns (2-3 minutes) then flip. Enjoy with some almond butter on top :)



This was really easy to make and really tasty. You don't need to add any sugar because the sugars from the banana add just the right amount of sweetness.

Lunch today was cracker type thing loaded with dill cashew cheese, red onion, orange pepper, and avocado. Mighty delicious.




Now I just have to plan dinner, get ready for work, take the bears out, do some yoga, and get rid of these cramps.

Bye :)

1 comment:

  1. 25 pounds holay molay,that's heavy !!! I have to try to eat banana , maybe if i smooch them it woud'nt be so hard to digest,and they so good for you !!! love Mom xxx

    ReplyDelete