Saturday, December 4, 2010

Awesome sandwich

I give you an ingenious creation! Hummus and guacamole on bread.


The toasted Ezekiel bread is really just a vessel for me to get more hummus and guacamole into my mouth :)

I went to the gym this morning and worked on my back and biceps. I think of all bicep exercises, dumbbell incline curls are the hardest for me. I came home and had my go-to protein smoothie: one scoop Vega protein powder, 1 tbsp chia seeds, 1.5 cups water, 2 large handfuls spinach, and 1 tbsp chopped ginger. Blend it all up and enjoy.

I'm thinking about going to a Bikram yoga class before work, but who knows :)


I made the guacamole on the sandwich yesterday. I never have luck making guacamole, but this time I succeeded. It is super easy to make and soooooooooooooooooooo delish.

Guacamole:


Ingredients:
  • 3 ripe avocados, peeled and cubed
  • a little bit less than 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
  • 2 roma tomatoes, cubed and seeded
  • 1/2 white onion, chopped
  • 1  jalapeno, minced and seeded
  • fresh black pepper to taste
  • 1/2 tsp sea salt, or to taste
Mix all ingredients together and let sit for a while so the flavours develop.

No comments:

Post a Comment