Friday, November 5, 2010

Vegan lasagna

This lasagna was amazing! It had zucchini, mushrooms, tofu, and onion in it. Soooo good! I'll post the recipe at the end of this post.

Today was a tough day at the gym, not because of the actual workout, but because I am so sore from the previous 4 days. It's a good thing I'm taking tomorrow off from working out, sucks that I'm working a double though.

  • Shoulder press on the machine 30 lbs x (8,8,6)
  • Dumbbell shoulder press, 20 lbs in each arm x (10, 7, 8, 7)
  • Front raises with 20 lb plate, x (9,9,8)
  • Side raises with 10 lb dumbbells x (9,10,10)
  • Rear lateral raises with 10 lb dumbbells ( 10,10,10,10)
  • Barbell shrugs with 50 lb barbell ( 20,20,20,20)
After my weight sesh I did a 1 hour spin class. It was full of intervals, and the class went by so fast because I didn't know what to expect. It was awesome.

I've been making sure to drink my Vega Sport protein powder before I do cardio (to make sure I don't burn muscle), and after working out (to supply my growing muscles with protein). Today I had no choice but to just drink it with water. I was gagging the whole time, and drinking it with my nose plugged, but I drank it all :)



I had some delicious home-baked sweet potato fries today too.


Now, for this lasagna recipe!


Vegan Delicious Lasagna:

Ingredients:
  • 1 box brown rice lasagna noodles
  • 1 regular sized jar of pasta sauce
  • 2 cups of sliced zucchini and mushrooms
  • 1 cup of baby spinach
  • 1/2 cup vegan cheese (optional)
  • 1/2 cup veg stock
  • 1/2 cup of sliced vidalia onion
  • 1 package (usually 16 oz) of firm tofu, make sure to drain
  • 3/4 package of soy cream cheese (about 7 oz)
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 1.5 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
  • 4 garlic cloves
  • 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
  • 1/2 tsp oregano
  • 1/2 tsp basil
  • 1/2 tsp sea salt
Directions :

Cook your noodles al dente and leave them in cold water until you are ready for the final step. Saute the zucchini, mushrooms, spinach, and onion in the veg stock. Feel free to add more salt here. Make sure that your saute has no extra liquid, it will make the lasagna too runny. Now make your "cheese" mixture. Blend the tofu, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, nutritional yeast, herbs, and salt in a food processor. Do not over blend, you want a lumpy texture. Now mix in your cream cheese (you may have to warm it in the microwave first to make it mixable).
Now layer your ingredients into a baking dish. Remember to preheat your oven to 350. Put sauce in first, then noodles (dry them first) , then cheese,  veggies, and noodles again. Repeat. On your last layer, put sauce, and then cover in vegan cheese. I used Daiya mozzarella. I prefer the taste of this one to their cheddar flavour. Now bake for 40 minutes. Let cool a bit and enjoy!


:)

1 comment:

  1. Your lasagna look delicious!!! i can't wait to visit you so i can eat some good food !! have a good double shift !! Love Mom xoxo

    ReplyDelete