Monday, October 25, 2010

Swim workout!

Last night I did something that I haven't done in a couple of years: swim! I used to swim a lot back home, almost twice a day sometimes. I think doing it so much kind of made me sick of it, and the fact that the chlorine kills your hair. But I gave it a shot yesterday and I had an awesome time. I thought it might take me a few times to get the hang of it again, but the second my body hit the water, it's like a part of my brain that I hand't used in a while came back in a flash. Within seconds I remembered my breathing, stroke, and turn techniques! My stamina and speed weren't too bad either.

We ended up doing 200 IM warmup, slowly. Then 3 x ( 3 x 100 IM + 150 free), then 200 IM cooldown. It was only an hour. But I remember fitting in a lot more in an hour when I swam before. We'll see what happens! Either way I woke up with extremely sore shoulders!

Breakfast this morning:

Toasted Ezekiel muffin with almond butter and apple butter.
Since I'm so sore, I think i'll dedicate today to cleaning. :(     
Exciting fact! Tonight is my first knitting lesson!


See you later! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment