Friday, October 29, 2010

My very special running buddy

I've been searching for running groups and partners for weeks, but have come up with nothing. It wasn't until today that I realized that the answer was right in front of me.

GIGI!!!! We had such a great time together. I was dreading this run and kept putting it off until I thought about bringing Gigi. She got her excercise while I got mine, it was perfect. Little did I know that she's a tank, and doesn't ever get tired out! We ran  6 km in 32:43, did 4 hill repeats, and then ran another 2.7 km home! But here's the kicker, she was pulling me the WHOLE time! She's in better shape then I am! When I was doing the hill repeats she ran up and down the hill with me, and then chased some dogs in between. She's a bottomless pit of energy.

When we got home we both did an abdominal workout. Just kidding. I did, and she tried to bite my feet over and over again. I did :

  • Weighted toe crunch ( with 15 lb dumbbell) x 15
  • Obliques row x 15 on each side
  • Scissor kick x 15 on each leg
  • Bicycle crunch x 15 on each side
  • In-n-out planks x 15 on each side
I did all 5 excercies in a row for a total of three sets.

Dinner tonight was Oh She Glow's chickpea bites with a bit of variation, in an Ezekiel wrap with some hummus, tahini, lettuce, red pepper and onion! It was very delicious and exactly what I was craving.


Chickpea Fallafel Type Things:

Ingredients:

  • 1 can of cooked chickpeas, rinsed and drained
  • 1/2 sweet onion, chopped
  • 3 cloves of garlic
  • 4 tbsp spelt flour, or any other flour
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 tbsp tahini
  • 1/2 tsp parsley
  • 1/4 tsp chili powder
  • 1/4 tsp hot curry powder
  • 1/2 tsp sea salt
  • Fresh ground black pepper to taste
  • 1 tsp cayenne ( do not mix with everything else)
Directions:
Put all ingredients into a food processor and process away. Heat oven to 400, and place your puree onto a silicone baking sheet or parchment paper into little balls. Flatten them out and then sprinkle with cayenne. Bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown.

Now, Ryan and I are off with friends to a comedy club! Hope it's good!

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of Gigi for keeping the pace with you running ,she is special and in good shape !!! give her a big kiss and a hug for me and Lola to of course!! Love Mom xoxo

    ReplyDelete