Friday, October 22, 2010

I have not abandoned The Little Health Monster

My camera has been broken and I have been eating horribly, so it's a good thing that I haven't posted any of it :)

But all is back to normal now! I started the morning off with a 6.25 km run in 32 minutes. It was super cold, and my lungs felt like they were being cut up by the wind. I now sound like an old lady when I talk.

Lunch was some lentil, quinoa, brown rice casserole that i've had on here previously.

Carrots, onions, red pepper, sweet potato and garlic!
Then I had to stop at Whole Foods to pick up some spelt phylo dough. Phylo is not something that I want to attempt myself, maybe some day, but not today. I plan on making a cashew cheese/ spinach phylo cup. Hopefully it turns out, i'm not going from a recipe this time (which usually means disaster). While I was there I picked up a vegan muffin, without all the icing it usually has. It wasn't overly sweet, but perfectly yummy.

It was my first time locking my bike up today since my last bike got stolen. I bought a heavy duty Kryptonite lock ( 135 $ ---> way too much for a lock, but apparently that's what they go for now), and I have to take my front tire off and attach it to the back tire, then pass the lock through the frame and both tires. I've seen the front tire being taken off thousands of times, but could I figure it out? Nope. I had to ask some passing cyclist, and thankfully they were nice enough to help me. The whole time at Whole Foods I was wondering if I would be able to put it back together. I managed to put it back together safely! My wheel didn't shoot off halfway home like I expected it to. :)  Hopefully I'll be able to take it off more easily next time.

Now I'm off to bring the puppers for a walk and then some yoga for runners. The phylo has to thaw for a few hours!

See you later, hopefully with a great recipe!

1 comment: