Monday, September 13, 2010

Utopia

My great friend Natalie and met at Utopia for lunch and it was great! I was so hungry that when I got my food I completely forgot to take a picture! So sorry!
I ended up having the spicy roasted squash soup (delish), and a white bean and tofu quesadilla, with a sesame slaw, and rice with black beans. I ate absolutely everything because I was so famished from my hard workout today.

I woke up this morning and did DAY 2 OF THE 30 DAY SHRED. I am still on level 1, i'll continue on it for ten days. I can't believe how much of a sweat I worked up during the 20 minutes, and from a fitness DVD! I always cringe when people do fitness DVD's because I never got much of a workout from them; but this one is different. I highly recommend you go out and buy it (it was only $ 9.99). The workout has a warmup and cooldown, and 3 six minute circuits. Each circuit has 3 minutes of strength, 2 minutes of cardio, and 1 minute of abs. It really, really kicks your butt. I took before and after pictures, so we'll see how it goes!

Source: 7thspace.com
Then, I headed over to the gym. I worked on my triceps: 3 sets of (15 overhead tricep extensions, 15 body weight tricep dips, and decline tricep extensions). While working out I remembered that my favourite spin instructor was teaching today, so I jumped onto the bike and began pedaling! I know I say this everytime, but I don't think i've ever worked this hard ; there were so many interval climbs and sprints that my body didn't have a chance to relax! My Garmin said I burnt 697 calories, and add to that the 199 calories from the 30 day shred and I was pretty tired. I congratulated myself with 6 (eek!) new moon cookies from my veg fair shopping :)

I ended up eating all throughout the day, snacks here and there.
Sweet orange pepper with hummus! The peppers were sooo juicy!
It was a pretty productive day, but tomorrow I plan on making something fabulous to eat! No ideas yet, but something will come to me!!

8 km run tomorrow!   :)       Now for some power vinyasa yoga!

No comments:

Post a Comment