Monday, September 6, 2010

I'm officially a cook!

Ryan says that i'm officially a cook now because I burnt and cut my fingers while cooking today! Even though it was for something stupid (grabbing a hot skillet with my bare hands, and prying open the top of a can) its like a right of passage! Hahah.

But I made a sort of quesadilla tonight and HE LOVED IT! So much so, that he had 3 servings! They were incredibly easy to make too, about 5 minutes in total (including prep and cook time).


Hummus is really great on everything! It's good on fruit, vegetables, bread, everything! Yes, I said fruit!
Incredibly Easy Hummus Quesadillas:

Ingredients:
  • 2 Ezekiel tortilla wraps
  • 3 tablespoons hummus
  • 1/2 tablespoon nutritional yeast
  • 3 tablespoons salsa
  • 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
  • 1/2 cup black beans, drained and washed
Directions:
Spread the hummus, nutritional yeast, salsa, chives and beans onto one tortilla. Add the other tortilla on top and place on frying pan (I used olive oil to fry it) on medium heat for 1-2 minutes on each side. Slice up into little triangles and enjoy!!!

Something that I forgot to add which I would have liked to is spinach! So if you make this, add about 1/2 cup of spinach, it will taste oh so yummy!


Breakfast this morning was overnight oats again! I changed it up a little though; I took 1 cup of my homemade granola (which i'm making more of tonight) and then 1.5 cups of almond milk with 1 tablespoon chia seeds and 2 tablespoons Vega Chocolate Protein Powder! It tasted amazing in the morning! Yum yum!

Totally delicious!

This morning I did a 60 min power yoga glow class from yogadownload.com and it was sooo hard! I was sweating quite a bit! But it made me nice and loosened up for my big day at work today!
I hope everyone is having a great  labour day! It seems like everyone is out and about tonight instead of staying at home and cooking their own dinners :)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds super yummy! I am always looking for healthy things to make that my family will eat. What fruit do you eat with hummus?

    ReplyDelete