Sunday, September 5, 2010

Easy spinach, mushroom, and red onion pasta

This pasta was really easy to make. I just took some of my homemade tomato sauce (the recipe is posted in August), with a cup of cooked brown rice noodles, 1/2 cup of sliced mushrooms, 1/2 cup baby spinach, 2 minced garlic cloves, 1 tablespoon chopped hot pepper, and 1/2 red onion. You saute the vegetables in olive oil and then you add in the sauce and noodles!

It's absolutely delicious!


I ended up putting my foot out the door and making it for my run. I really doubted myself on whether I was going to go. I am usually a morning excerciser, but I ran at 8 pm tonight.

Distance: 8.68 km
Time: 47:09
Calories: 496
Average Pace: 5:26 min/km
Average HR: 158
Max HR: 184

It was a pretty good run! I felt really light in my step ( I blame it on the yoga this morning :)
I didn't like running in the dark though, it was kind of creepy; and I think that's what made me run faster (I was running away from potential creepy people). I had one guy on a bicycle ask me if I was a runner, and felt the need to tell me that he liked me shorts.Seriously? He gave me a really weird vibe. I make sure to run in very wealthy neighbourhoods, I don't know if it actually makes a difference, but it makes sense to me.

After my run I did a bit of stretching. I'm a bit sore (my back especially) from that yoga class. I jumped in the shower and took Gigi with me. That's how she gets her baths! She just hugs me and then I wash her. Now she's running around like a nutcase; there's water all over the floor now, ehehe.

I was craving more brownies, but I was able to curb the craving with some oh-so-sweet grapes!

1 comment:

  1. I find night running as beautiful as early morning running. I can't decide which I like better. You are speedy, though! Sounds like a great run!

    ReplyDelete