Saturday, August 21, 2010

Too many squats and lunges

Started the morning with "ohsheglows" overnight vegan oats, but decided to use less rice milk, and added raisins and dates. I LOVE DATES.
And dates also happen to be very high in fiber, along with being mighty tasty.
Oats with rice milk, chia seeds, almond butter, raisins, dates, and berries
After breakfast was gym time before work. Worked on my legs and my shoulders. Out of all of my muscle groups, my shoulders have to be the weakest.

Shoulders:
               Double arm dumbell shoulder press ( 4 sets of 15 with 12 pounds)
               Side arm dumbell raises ( 4 sets of 12 with 8 pounds) Supersetted
               Laying on bench reverse fly double arm ( 4 sets of 15 with 8 pounds)
               Front arm dumbell raises ( 4 sets of 14 with 8 pounds) Supersetted
Legs:
              Lunges with 30 pound barbell held overhead ( 4 sets of 24)
              Leaning against wall with legs at 90 degrees ( body weight, held for 1 minute, 4 sets)
              Hamstring curl ( 4 sets of 15 at 40 pounds)
              Inner thing squeezes on ball ( body weight, 4 sets of 25)

My heart rate monitor says I burnt 480 calories. I think the value was so high because lunge's and squats bring your heart rate quite high; and since I supersetted, my heart rate stayed elevated.

Came home from the gym with stiff legs and had a snack before work!
Had a cuppah green tea when I came home soaking wet from the bike from work. Can't decide what to make for dinner yet, so I'm tying myself over with a little snack.
Steamed edamame with sea salt and hemp seeds

No comments:

Post a Comment