Thursday, August 19, 2010

Smoothie and run recap

I am training for the Scotiabank Waterfront Half Marathon on September 25th, and I've been having a lot of trouble getting my mileage up because of shin splints. So i've been switching things up with spin classes, tempo runs and yoga.
I completely agree with all the running magazines that say tempo runs really do squeeze in much more cardio benefit in the time then one long run does.
But I still had to get my mileage up there. So yesterday I did a 15 km run along lakeshore. Here are the stats:
Distance: 15.06 km
Time: 1:25:48
Calories: 933
Average Pace: 5:41/ km
Average HR: 160
Max HR: 177
My fastest km was the last one, where a really gorgeous woman in super tight shorts and sports bra (who looked amazing) passed me, and I really tried to catch her. Unfortunately I couldn't, but I did look really good running really fast. Im sure a couple people must have thought that I ran that fast all the time (hehehe).

All in all it was a good run. Ryan was beside me on his bike encouraging me and giving me water. I can defenitely see myself completing the half marathon under  2 hours 15 minutes. But my lower back is really killing me. It feels like my back/pelvis area is mis-aligned, and i've been feeling like I have a small case of vertigo eversince.
I know that I have to get this checked out, it's just that i've been so busy trying to create these granola/power bars and cereal.

Before that run happened, I also worked 1hour with my trainer in the morning ( I was trying to make up the day before's extreme calorie uptake). I burned 350 calories with him. We did another circuit type workout, working alot on chest with lots of pushups, elbows to hands on the bosu ball and reverse rows. I also did an awesome leg excercise that I'll have to do again. My trainer was sitting in a platform (the ones you use for step classes) and I pushed him about 100 meters. It was grueling! But my legs will be sure to thank me for it.
BTW: He weighs 170 pounds!

I've been feeling pretty tired today, probably from the long run. And im taking the day off today since I can hardly walk.

Started the day off with two cups of my favourite tea: Yogi Green Tea Kombucha.
And because the green tea didn't give me enough energy, I decided to have a spinach/kale/bluebbery/banana/flax/chia/ rice milk/ avocado smoothie!
This smoothie is amazing ( I know I use the world a lot), but not only does it give you lots of protein, omegas, fiber, iron, and everything else, it tastes great too!

Tomorrow I plan on doing a spin class with weight training; focusing on back and triceps. I don't intend on running until Sunday, depending on my lower back, and I will probably do a 6 km run. I won't be doing another long run for 2 weeks, in which I will attempt 22 km.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment