Sunday, August 22, 2010

Rainy Sunday

There's something nice about rainy Sundays; but if it were any other day of the week it would be a total drag.
Maybe it has to do with the fact that the brunch I work on Sundays isn't usually out-of-control-busy when it rains. There we go, I just jinxed myself.

Breakfast this morning: Overnight Oats
Overnight oats:
  •                 Add 1/2 cup organic oats to
  •                 1 cup non-dairy milk ( I use enriched original rice dream)
  •                 4 chopped up dates
  •                 1 tablespoon chia seeds (or you could use flax, or both)
  •                  2 tablespoons pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
In the morning, add your berries, 1 tablespoon almond butter, and any sweetener if you like (honey, agave, maple syrup). I didn't add any because the almond butter and berries added enough sweetness.

Just thought I'd upload a very cute video of my two furry ones. Lola on the right, Gigi on the left.

Ryan tried one of my bean burgers last night and he was raving about them till' bed. He says he wants to put them on the menu at his work with a vegan dill, potato salad (which i'll make later this week).
I was trying to go to bed last night but my stomach kept rumbling. I hate going to bed hungry and I equally hate eating late at night. But once I started eating, I kind of went overboard (didn't feel like photo-documenting it out of shame). I had two of my bean burger patties, 2 kiwis, and half of my homemade granola bar.

Family is visiting this week, and for the first visit i'm thinking of making enchiladas!

See you later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment