Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Hello!

Even though the blog name has the word little in it, it does mean that i'm actually very little.
I've become smaller through the past 2 years after adopting a vegan diet, but I once had quite the muffin top. I have since moved towards a pesca-vegan diet (eat fish), as I can rationalize eating fish quite well to myself.
I have also become more engaged in excercise: I am set to complete my first half-marathon in September, and have become an avid road cyclist ( mountain biker in 2011). Within the last 3 months I have joined a gym and have added strength training to my routine! This has been the added push that has given me great results.
It doesn't hurt that my personal trainer is easy on the eyes.

I am located in Toronto, Ontario after moving here 2 years ago from Windsor, Ontario. City living has proven to be quite useful for a vegan! Try being a vegan in a small town and everyone looks at you like you're some kind of new-age hippie drug user. While in Windsor I did alot of animal activisim, with particular focus on the Canadian Harp Seal Cull (which is atrocious!)

So what is on the scheduale today? I had an amazing breakfast, some of 'ohsheglows' vegan overnight oats. Which is :
1/3 cup oats
1 cup rice milk
3 cooking dates chopped up
1 tbsp flax/chia powder
(put this in the fridge overnight)
In the AM, I added a handful of blueberries and some mango chunks
1 tsp honey

My recipe differs a little from the original, but that is just because I lacked certain ingredients.
I will post pictures of these infamous oats later!


I will be keeping you posted on meals I eat, excercise I complete, and anything else that pops into my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment