Friday, August 27, 2010

A fruity breakfast!

Woke up this morning, the sun was shinning, the dogs were laying on my head, and I felt great! I threw together a quick fruit salad, and a Little Health Monster Skintastic Smoothie, and I will be off for my hill run as soon as breakfast has had time to digest.  I always bring Gigi for hill repeats; she chases me up and down the hill, and its only a 10 minute run to the hills from our house. Lola doesn't like to run, she's a bit of a princess, so she stays home :)
Smoothie ingredients: spinach, rice milk, chia and flax powder, mixed frozen berries, fresh blueberries, wheat grass powder.

Smoothies were yummy as always. They gave me a very intense energy boost as well.

Forgot to discuss my workout yesterday. I did biceps and a 1 hour spin class.

Biceps:
  • Hammer curls ( 4 sets of 15 on each arm with 12 pound dumbell)
  • Close grip EZ bar bicep curls ( 4 sets of 20 with 20 pound barbell) Supersetted with Hammer Curls
  • Concentration curls (4 sets of 12 on each arm with 12 pound dumbell)
  • Wide grip cable curl ( 4 sets of 17 with 25 pounds) Supersetted with Concentration curls
The spin class was great. The instructors really are what make the classes great or really horrible. I've had my fair share of instructors playing really slow trancy music or horrible 80's. But yesterday there was a great mix of every kind of music. With spin classes you control how hard you work; and I decided yesterday to give it my all, even if I did feel like I was going to pass out :) .  My shirt and my pants were completely soaked (and I forgot to bring spare clothes, so I was walking home in wet clothes), and the bottom half of my pony tail was soaked too, from being on my back during the class.
The combination of the biceps and spin class took about 1:45:03, and I burnt 747 calories. Average HR: 124, Max HR: 172.

It was a great way to get in some cardio without running. That 10 km run the other day really did me in. Let's hope these hills today don't do the same thing.

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoy your chickpea salad and your stirfry, keep up the good work!

    Michele Bolduc

    ReplyDelete