Friday, August 20, 2010

Fall is coming!!

The muggy heat of summer is finally leaving I think. This morning I woke up to such a cool crispness! I was able to sleep with just the window open, instead of having the AC on full blast and waking up with a sore/dry throat.

Breakfast today:
Organic apple with 2 tbsp's of almond butter (probably my favourite snack)
I decided to do some strength training today and forget about the cardio because my lower back and butt are still hurting. I worked on triceps, back and abs today.

Triceps:  tricep push down on machine ( 4 sets of 15 at 40 pounds)
              tricep dips on bench (body weight, 4 sets of 12) There were supersetted with the previous
              tricep pull down with rope ( 4 sets of 15 at 20 pounds)
              leaning over tricep extensions single arm (4 sets of 12 at 10 pounds each arm) Supersetted

Back:   single arm dumbell row ( 4 sets of 15 at 15 pounds)
            double arm row with barbell ( 4 sets of 12 at 30 pounds) Supersetted with previous
            seated high row ( 4 sets of 15 at 50 pounds)
            underhand seated row ( 4 sets of 15 at 60 pounds) supersetted
            back extensions on ball ( 4 sets of 20 with 10 pound weight in arms)

Abs:     ball side crunches ( 3 sets of 12 on each side)
            seated oblique twist with 10 pound weight while in "boat" type pose (3 sets of 15 on each side)
             laying on my back take left hand to right foot in a crunch (legs and arms straight) ( 3 sets of 15)
            plank on the ball ( only toes are on the ball)  ( 3 sets of  30 second holds)

From my heart rate monitor it says that I burned 329 calories. Total time : 1:05:27. Average HR:116. Max HR: 144.

All in all a good workout, but ill have to fit in some cardio today, maybe a power yoga class.
Does anyone know if those Re-tone shoes really work? The ones that are supposed to tone your legs?

After the workout I had one of my home-made granola bars. I'll have to remember not to bake them as long though, it was sort of dry.
Chia, flax, almond butter, almonds, dates, oh my! :)

 I'll probably have left-overs from last nights red lentil dish for lunch.      

No comments:

Post a Comment